Amy Rose Sager, RD, LDN, CLT
Amy Rose Sager is a Nutritionist, Registered Dietitian and Certified LEAP-MRT Therapist. She specializes in managing food sensitivities; she offers health & nutrition therapy services throughout Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts.
Suffering From Chronic Health Problems?
Food sensitivity could be the cause of chronic health conditions
Food sensitivities are a common cause of many chronic conditions and affect an estimated 15-20% of the population. Symptoms provoked by food sensitivities occur when our immune system begins perceiving foods in the same way it perceives things which are truly harmful — bacteria, viruses, parasites, etc.
There are many reasons why this can happen, but this mistaken identity leads to the release of toxic chemicals called “mediators” (such as histamine, cytokines, and prostaglandins) from our immune cells. It’s the inflammatory and pain-inducing effects of the mediators that give rise to symptoms, which ends up making us feel sick.
Chronic conditions & symptoms linked to food sensitivity
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease, diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramping, bloating
- Functional dyspepsia (heartburn), gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Migraine and other chronic headaches
- Fibromyalgia, joint pain, muscle pain, muscle weakness, arthritis
- ADD/ADHD, fatigue, tiredness, insomnia, general malaise, restlessness, “brain fog”
- Excess mucous production, chronic post nasal drip, chronic congestion
- Hives, eczema
Research has shown that patients with these conditions have higher than normal levels of these mediators circulating throughout their bodies. For many, the “trigger” that causes the mediators to be released can be linked to foods or chemicals in their diet.
Food sensitivity symptoms are often chronic because the mediators that make us feel sick are released every time you eat your reactive foods. And it doesn’t matter what drugs we take to try and get better; if we have food sensitivities and don’t figure out which foods we SHOULD be eating (and of course, which foods we should stay away from), getting better and staying well becomes a long-term losing struggle.
We can help relieve chronic conditions linked to food sensitivity
Are you suffering from a stubborn health problem that won’t go away no matter what you try?
Registered Dietitian and Certified LEAP-MRT Therapist Amy Rose Sager specializes in managing food sensitivities and offers quality health and nutrition therapy services to clients in Cape Cod, Southeastern Massachusetts, and beyond.
Often referred to as “nutritional therapy,” Amy Rose works to identify trigger foods, focusing on cognitive and behavioral modifications to put her clients on the path to wellness.
By conducting initial food sensitivity testing and taking a 360° look at the food you eat, how you cook, stress factors, medical predispositions and overall lifestyle, we will develop a unique plan that works for you – for the long term!
After all, food should make you feel good!
“I have had Fibromyalgia for around 44 years – it started long before the disease was discovered. IBS-D (Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Disorder) has plagued me for years, as well. In recent years I became a LEAP practitioner because of how well it worked for me – beyond my wildest dreams! Most of the time I am pain-free with the fibromyalgia and I am off of all pain medication, sleep medication and no longer take Imodium. I have also noticed that I am able to concentrate more and have more energy than ever!” ~ L.H., Southeastern MA
Health, dietary, food sensitivity, & nutrition therapy services – Cape Cod / Southeastern MA
Amy Rose Sager, RD, LDN, CLT, specializes in managing food sensitivities; she offers health & nutrition therapy services throughout her Cape Cod and Southeastern Massachusetts service area, including these MA communities:
- Cape Cod: Barnstable, Bourne, Brewster, Centerville, Chatham, Cotuit, Dennis, Falmouth, Forestdale, Harwich, Hyannis, Marstons Mills, Mashpee, Orleans, Osterville, Pocasset, Provincetown, Sagamore, Sandwich, Wellfleet, Yarmouth.
- South Coast MA: Buzzards Bay, Fairhaven, Onset, Marion, Mattapoisett, Rochester, Wareham
- South Shore MA: Abington, Bridgewater, Carver, Duxbury, East Bridgewater, Halifax, Hanson, Hanover, Kingston, Marshfield, Middleboro, Norwell, Pembroke, Plymouth, Plympton, Raynham, Rockland, Scituate, West Bridgewater, Whitman